VOLUNTEERING IS EASY AND FUN!!!
Flexible time commitment
Learn new skills
Meet new people
There’s something for EVERYONE!!!
Our agency will work with your schedule to make your volunteer experience both beneficial and fun! You know better than anyone the type of volunteer experience you want to have. Choose to do things that you enjoy. You may choose to serve a meal, help out at an event, or volunteer at one of our activities.
If you have a stressful job and you would like to volunteer at something that is light, arts and crafts may be a good place to start. If, on the other hand, you have a specialized skill that you just don’t get to use that often and you would like to offer your valuable talents, this is the place to come.
Volunteering is a learning experience!
You will learn new skills
You can build your marketable skills
You will learn about your community
You just might discover hidden talents when you volunteer! You will challenge yourself in new and exciting ways!
Volunteering benefits out community!
By donating anywhere from one-half hour a week to one week a year, you can make a difference in your community. Here are a few examples:
· In one half hour you can: Send a birthday card to volunteers, call to check on homebound seniors, or help with our nutrition department.
· In one hour a week, you can read a newspaper to an elderly person in a senior home or help deliver meals to a homebound senior.
· In one hour a month, you can help serve meals to seniors in our dining room or record text books for the hearing impaired.
· In one morning/evening/day a month, you can: help sell half and half tickets at our weekly dance, perform with our “Top of the Line” dancers, or provide clerical support for our Center.
Volunteering is beneficial to you personally!
It reduces stress!
It helps you think positively!
It makes you feel good!
Do you have an office job that requires you to sit all day? If so, consider doing volunteer service that requires you to lift, stand, walk or bend. Physical activity will also reduce your level of stress and make you feel good about yourself and your accomplishments. If you work indoors, you might want to do something outdoors. Remember, volunteering is a great way to meet new people. Think of volunteering as taking a break; that’s exactly what it can be!
What types of volunteer opportunities are there?
Connecting through volunteer service is a powerful tool for bringing people together to help solve many of the problems that our communities face. Through volunteerism, we begin to address those problems. Small or large, every effort has impact and EVERYONE’S effort is needed. Here are just a few examples of what you can do:
· Community outreach like the Lilly Pond Band who performs at healthcare facilities and at Adult Daycare.
· Answering phones.
· Help to distribute the Commodity Supplemental Food Program and the Senior Pantry.
· Serve a meal in our dining room.
· Assist the activities program.
Look at the needs in our community and think about your skills and talents. Then create your own special connection through service activity.
Are you ready to volunteer?
People volunteer for different reason. Sometimes it is the desire to learn new skills, some may want to network and make new friends, secure a better job, or ultimately make a career move. Whatever the reason, volunteering can and should be a good experience for everyone involved!
The toughest part of volunteering is deciding on what you want to do! The following information may help you sort through that decision, and enable you to select the volunteer experience that will be enjoyable to you…
What do you want from volunteering?
· to use a new skill
· to learn about the community
· to establish yourself in the community
· to have a more balanced life
· to share your talents with others
· to attain personal growth
· to make a difference in a senior’s life
How much time do you have?
Review your current schedule and time commitments. For many people the biggest barrier to volunteering is time. But most of us can fit volunteering into our lives. There is no minimum requirement. Remember, it is always better to start slow to see whether your time permits. Determine how much time and how often you want to volunteer. Schedule time for volunteering that you currently use for recreation. Consider location-- if an opportunity is nearby, at one of our other sites, you will spend less time on the road.
Hello Dolly, The Ohio Theatre - May 7, 2019
December 14th ~ Lou & Friends
December 21st ~ Great Country Band
December 28th ~ Pleasant Valley Boys - New Year's Eve Celebration
Menu for the Week of December 17, 2018
Monday - Chicken monterey, brussel sprouts, stewed tomatoes, pears
Tuesday - Pizza, tossed salad, fruit juice, banana, salad dressing
Wednesday -Hamburger gravy, mashed potatoes, baby carrots, apple juice, tropical fruit
Thursday - Sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, green peas, pineapple
Friday - Baked ham, redskin potatoes, green beans, applesauce, cookie
Menu is Subject to Change
Hours of Operation
Monday & Tuesday - 8am to 10pm
Wednesday - Thursday 8am to 4pm
Friday - 8am to 10pm